Ever so often, e-mails arrive with all kinds of tips to make life easier.
An e-mail arrived this weekend from friend Sue Shapiro; the title was "Amazing Simple Home Remedies." I expected to read about various uses of vinegar, baking soda and such. Boy, was I surprised. This is a great list and one I just had to share, so here goes -- and thanks to Sue!
1. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold the vegetables while you chop.
2. Avoid arguments with the females about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.
3. For high blood pressure sufferers ~ simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure on your veins. Remember to use a timer.
4. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
5. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you'll be afraid to cough.
6. You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
7. If you can' t fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Daily thought: Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.