8/1/08

Bulking Up

Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and join Weight Watchers. It’s offered at our church, so the opportunity couldn’t be much easier.
First I was told we’d start our sessions on July 24th, then learned the beginning date was postponed for one week. Whoo-eeee! One more week of eating!
So, for a week, I enjoyed every kind of fattening food there is. One might say I “bulked up” – just getting ready for Weight Watchers.
On Wednesday night – just 24 hours before the weigh-in – I had six-cheese ziti (among other things.) I ate so much I hurt. And all day Thursday, I ate more and more.
Then the big day arrived, so on Thursday at 5:45 pm, I showed up in our church’s fellowship hall, paid, filled out paperwork and stepped on the scales.
Oh, my gosh! I was SO shocked. Was I somehow unknowingly pregnant with quadruplets or something? Well, that was a physical impossibility.
I stared at those numbers on my card in disbelief. Of course, this shouldn’t have been such a shock to me. I’d known for weeks and weeks that the towel would no longer go all the way around me!
Unfortunately, as the 6 pm bewitching hour came and went, we learned that we didn’t have enough participants to go forward. We needed three more. We started searching our brains for heavy people in our church, but no one was willing to pick out someone, call and ask, “Hey, we’ve taken a vote and decided you’re someone in our church who needs to lose weight. Will you come over and join us?”
This is NOT one of those things people would be delighted to be chosen for.
So, we all left, determined to somehow recruit three more people and show up again next Thursday.
I did more than that when I left, though. I had a cheeseburger (loaded), a glass of wine, some onion rings. Just before bed, I had another snack.
One more week of bulking up. Yippee!!! This dieting thing is fun!

4 comments:

Fari said...

Make sure you do some excercise also to keep everything taut!

The Brantley Boys said...

That's hilarious. I guess the higher you go, the more you have to lose. They need to make it into a competition for you. If I was there, I would definitely participate...I have a couple more baby lbs to lose.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

You are too funny!
Onion rings are a weakness of mine. Yum.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Sherry...you are a nut! Now I know why you and mom (Cheryll) are such good friends. I wish she would start one of these. Hilarious!

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Kristin (Woods) White

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com