11/17/11

Celebratin' - Novels, Horns, Peanut Butter & Banana Pudding



Have you celebrated yet? 
            November is National Novel Writing Month.  I’m guessing you probably didn’t hunker down and write a novel this month.  At least not yet.  I didn’t either.

            It’s also National Life Writing Month.  Now I’m not certain exactly what that means; after all, we can’t script our lives.  And we can’t rewrite our lives, although many of us might like to rewrite certain chapters in our lives.

 Perhaps this is supposed to be a time to write your autobiography.  Did you do that?  No, I didn’t either. 

But I did finally realize one of my dreams: I got a book published, so I’m officially an “author.”  Yippee!

Yes, it’s a small book.  It’s not scholarly (no surprise there, huh?)


May I share? 

See, I subscribe – at least today – to the old proverb: “He who tooteth not his own horn, his horn not get tooteth.”  So, yes, I’m sharing, i.e. tooting my own horn. 

But I’m also tooting the horns of 18 others.



The book is Don’t Pick Up The Ham With Your Fingers: A Little Book to Do Momma’s Naggin’ For Her.  (I’m better at naggin’ than at tootin’.  Did I just actually write that????)

The book of humorous and occasionally serious naggin’s is illustrated throughout by work from 18 talented folks, ranging from a sixth-grader to retiree.  I am overwhelmed by their talent.

These folks, all South Carolinians, are from Prosperity, Aynor, Chapin, Surfside Beach, Summerville, Greenville, Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Conway, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, West Columbia and Lexington.  Maybe there's a future Grandma Moses, Jasper Johns, Andy Warhol or even Michaelangelo in there!

We’re doing our first book-signing this week.  It’s a new adventure for most of us and we’re having fun.  And, yes, of course, we hope YOU find a copy somewhere.



By the way, November is also National Peanut Butter Lovers Month and Banana Pudding Lovers Month. 

I celebrate those all year long!




--------------------------------------

No comments:

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com