12/14/10

Clean Shoes????


Do you like clean shoes?

I’m talking about really clean shoes – and I know how to make old shoes really, really clean.

It happened like this: one day last week, just about everything seemed to be going wrong. Nothing major, but just every little aggravating thing.

For example, I was planning to bake a particular dessert and finally got started with it, only to learn half-way through the mixing process that I didn’t have one of the necessary ingredients. Of course, the others were already in the mixing bowl.

That night, I realized that I had not washed my clothes, including what I needed for the next day. I quickly went upstairs and grabbed the pile of dirty clothes, then tossed them in the washing machine.

Tired and sleepy, I waited until the clothes were washed, then tossed them in the dryer.

Since I absolutely don’t believe in using an iron, I always take clothes out of the dryer immediately to avoid wrinkling, even on those nights when I am struggling to stay awake and alert.

Imagine my surprise when I unloaded the dryer piece by piece and found one of my brown fabric high-heeled pumps.

Yes, it was clean. It was also somewhat misshapen.

And the insides were crinkly and a bit ruffled.

Yep, I’ve got the answer for getting clean shoes, but I have no idea how to make them wearable again.

.................................

2 comments:

Sandee said...

The weirdest things happen to you. You know that right? Bwahahahahaha. I just love you to pieces.

Have a terrific day. :)

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard because I've tossed some really weird things into the washer by mistake myself!

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com