5/30/09

PhotoHunt: BOOKS

Wow! Where does one start with this week's theme - books?

My first thought was a set of World Book encyclopedias, which is what I grew up with; each volume has loads of photos, and this IS a photo hunt after all.

Instead, though, I decided to go with photos of three books.
The first is LUKE: Ambassador of the Word. It's the fourth book by a friend a mine, retired minister George Truett Moore. In fact, I was a reviewer for this and one of his other books. As I read this book, I felt like I was right there with Luke and pulling for him as he made important life decisions. It's a very interesting read and one that gives new insights into Luke's life and ministry. Luke is a good choice for anyone interested in religion, history, ministry and more.
Pastor Moore and his wonderful (and artistic) wife, Elizabeth, are coming to South Carolina; their plans include a local book-signing on June 10th. Click on the picture to find out more about him, his interesting background and his books.


Coincidentally, George Moore was born in Greenville, SC, which is the hometown of the author of the next book. She is Mindy Friddle, the daughter of a friend of mine. Secret Keepers is a delightful book for anyone but especially for folks fascinated by all things southern. Fabulous read for gardeners also. Mindy's first book was The Garden Angel. Click on her book's picture to go to the web site to learn more about Mindy and her books.

Don't you just love those old boots and that old typewriter on the cover?


The final book in today's threesome hasn't been published yet but it's due out in November. C://Mom Run, edited by Beth Feldman, founder of RoleMommy.com, is a compilation of "side-splitting essays from the world's most harried blogging moms." Yep, I'm one of those moms and looking forward to this book's publication. Full of humor, the book may be ordered in advance on Amazon; just click on the picture to reach that site for pre-publication prices.

How's that for promoting books during a photo hunt?

Other participants in the weekly PhotoHunt may be found here.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great selection.

YTSL said...

Congratulations on being published soon! Very cool! :)

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I learn something new today...thanks for sharing!

Have a great weekend...

Mariposa's PhotoHunt

Alice Audrey said...

The first one is beautifully displayed. I love the way the grain looks like it's coming out of the top.

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

We had World Books too - I'd almost forgotten about them!

Nice segway to the book promo :)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

nice collection of books!
My PH#27:Books

Kranky Granny said...

You have just added to my already lengthy reading list. , Regrettably, since I found blogging most of my time is spent in reading the computer screen.

The Old Salt and I do take turns reading to each other when we are on car trips. And, I am never without something to read while waiting on line or during my many trips to the doctors office etc.

Thanks for the interesting titles.

Carver said...

Great take on the theme and congrats on your essay being published in the upcoming book.

Upcountrysmiles said...

Aloha Sherry,
Very nice!! Congrats on your essay as well.
Happy photo hunting to you...
Cindy O
Come by & visit
http://upcountrysmiles.com
Mahalo

srp said...

Congratulations on the publication. I think most of us have a secret longing to write... I know I do. But, it will never happen. Thanks for the recommendations.
Mine is up here.

Martha said...

How delightful! Loove your book shots! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! :-)

Marites said...

Congrats on the publication! that's quite impressive. I really like the old boots cover:)

jenny said...

I'm very interested in all things Southern, so will add that book to the list. :-) I am so jealous that you got to kiss Richard Dawson. I still enjoy him on Game Show Network!

Carmen said...

All of those books sound really interesting. I may have to note them for the future. Thanks!

jams o donnell said...

An interesting selection of book. Happy weekend!

PowersTwinB said...

wow, great post! I can't wait to read C:// Mom Run! That sounds so light and easy reading!I will look for it when it comes out. Thank you so much for visiting my hunt! I always appreciate your visits

NitWit1 said...

Love the book promotions:)
But I do think the represent uplifting reading.

My Post:

http://cowardscorner-nitwit1.blogspot.com

Syd said...

Thanks for sharing. Good idea to post these.

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com