9/12/10

Gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-rr!!!! This Irritates Me!

In today's local paper, there was a book review.  Actually, there were several, but only one that bothered me.The review was of a book named "The Great Typo Hunt: Two Friends Changing the World, One Correction at a Time" and written by Jeff Deck and Benjamin D. Herson. 

Apparently, these two guys dislike typos - and other mistakes - as much as I do.  So, what irritated me?  It was the headline in the newspaper: "Author tries to correct nation's misstakes."  Uh, that should be "mistakes" instead of "misstakes."  How ironic that there was something wrong in the headline about this particular book.

 

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahahaha. Sounds about right to me. :)

Unknown said...

How embarrassing for a newspaper, and totally unforgiveable.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wow! That headline is ironic!

(Sherry! I am supposed to be out the door heading for work! But wanted to say hi...Weds is my next day off, so I will be back to catch up on more reading! Miss ya! It has been sooo long....I barely manage to post one post a week and reply to those that have left comments...this is nothing new though!)

Blessings & Aloha!
Thoughts and prayers to you dear friend regarding your brother Rod. I glanced down to your previous post of the photo of all of you wearing his Aloha shirts, but was not able to read more.

Patricia Rockwell said...

I agree, but it's almost too perfect. I wonder if they did it intentionally.

Syd said...

Is it the Newsless Courier? No wonder. So many errors and a read through in 30 seconds.

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com