12/4/09

A Little Bit of Forgiveness Might Be in Order




Yes, I know what the Bible says in Psalm 24: “This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”


But some days are just harder than others for rejoicing.

Like this past Wednesday. I could tell it was going to be one of those days.

It poured rain from the time I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and worsened during the day. Local forecasts had ranged from isolated tornados to damaging winds and rains to flash floods and strong thunderstorms. As the morning rush hour started and continued, traffic reports showed loads of wrecks, flooded streets and traffic jams throughout the whole area.

And I sat inside listening to the hard rain, I suddenly remembered: my car has a leak in it. Not one through which things leak OUT. Oh, no; this is one through which the rain leaks IN.


Do I have a garage? Yes, but it’s so full of junk (and a few good things) that there is no room for a car! My garage just as well be called a “storage facility.” It’s even difficult for a human to walk inside.

So, since the garage is used for storage, the car with the leak in it sat in the driveway – likely with a wet interior. I knew I’d have to mosey on out soon to check the water level.

Thank goodness for umbrellas, I thought; I have three of them, maybe even four.

And then as I looked around, I realized that, unfortunately, all three (or four) umbrellas were out in that car with the leak. Along with my raincoat.

I hope the Lord forgives me. I was not rejoicing on Wednesday!

~          ~          ~          ~          ~          ~

9 comments:

Lee said...

That sucks. Really really sucks.

Lee said...

One more thing...on Sunday there is a little something waiting for you at my blog!

Sandee said...

What a day. We keep our vehicles in our garage. Too many thieves in the middle of the night breaking the windows and stealing whatever they can. California is turning into a nasty place to live.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

Unknown said...

That would be me, with all the umbrellas in the car while I was watching the rain from inside!
Hope today will be better for you.

Corrie Howe said...

For this very reason my side of the garage is always clean enough for my car. I don't care if hubs wants his car in garage or not. But mine will always be in the garage. Bought two storage sheds so far to keep my car in garage.

Syd said...

And it was a wet day. Be happy that you weren't driving downtown.

chucker said...

I have a car that leaks too so I feel your rain.

Just saw the new look on your blog. I LIKE it!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. Hope the inside of your car didn't get too wet. Hope your weekend turns out better.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Hey...are you sure you are not talking about our garage here? haha

Actually... my hubby has done wonders in our garage and we can park my itty, bitty mini in it...

Oh hope that some way, some how, your car wasnt as soaked or leaky as you expected.

Blessings & Aloha!

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com