9/4/09

I Was Just Wondering . . . .

Why is there so much hoopla about Jon and Kate?  Am I the only "deprived" soul who has never seen their TV show?  Why do people watch that show?

But, yes, when it comes to popular TV shows, I really am out of the loop.  I don't watch Desperate Housewives or Big Brother.  I don't see Family Guy or South Park or The Apprentice.  And I don't think I ever saw an episode of Sex and the City


It's certainly not that I don't ever watch TV, because I do, but these shows have never appealed to me.  There are a lot of others that I know are popular and that I even read about but just don't watch. 

Maybe I just don't get it.  Or maybe I have boring tastes.  Maybe I spend too much time on the computer.

And maybe I was just spoiled by the really good shows - like I Love Lucy, Mama's Family, Red Skelton and such.  Now that was real TV!

5 comments:

StaceyC4 said...

I have to admit, most of what is on TV today is either offensive or just plain stupid. I, too, look back and wonder what happened to good tv?

Martha said...

You and I are so much alike. I never saw one episode of any of the shows you mentioned. ~Martha

Pat said...

I don't want to admit it, but I have gotten hooked on Grey's Anatomy...(McDreamy makes me steamy!, at 64 it doesn't take much to get me excited - I can dream can't I?). I have never seen Jon and Kate.

Pat said...

I have to admit that I am hooked on Grey's Anatomy (McDreamy makes me steamy-at 64 it doesn't take much to get me excited)I can dream can't i?
I have never watched Jon and Kate, - once in a while I will watch "The Nanny" - are there really parents out there that are so stupid?

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

I spend so much time on my laptop, I'm out of the loop on what shows are popular. I don't know half the rising TV stars. I watch exactly three shows regularly: Top Chef, Project Runway and CBS Sunday Morning.

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com