6/25/08

Limericks?

I found the following on-line and wanted to share, just because they are so creative. These are famous poems rewritten as limericks. Author unknown.

Famous Poems Rewritten as Limericks


Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening
There once was a horse-riding chap
Who took a trip in a cold snap
He stopped in the snow
But he soon had to go:
He was miles away from a nap.

The Raven
There once was a girl named Lenore
And a bird and a bust and a door
And a guy with depression
And a whole lot of questions
And the bird always says "Nevermore."

I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud
There once was a poet named Will
Who tramped his way over a hill
And was speechless for hours
Over some stupid flowers
This was years before TV, but still.

Footprints in the Sand
There was a man who, at low tide
Would walk with the Lord by his side
Jesus said "Now look back;
You'll see one set of tracks.
That's when you got a piggy-back ride."


[Send me your versions and I'll post.]

1 comment:

Nick Thomas said...

While I certainly enjoy your list of limericks, I must say that you've failed to list my favorite one. It goes something like this, "There once was a man from Nantucket. . ."

 
This site was recently updated by oxymoron13@aol.com